19 days ago
10 March 2024
Software Engineer | Transmission & Distribution | Stone, Staffordshire | Salary Negotiable (Enquire for details) | Hybrid 2-3 days per week on-site
Yolk Recruitment are working with a market leader in advanced system integration within the energy sector. They're investing heavily in their Stone site & are looking for an experienced software engineer to join their Transmission & Distribution team.
If successful you will join an experienced team working across the full development lifecycle to build & maintain complex software & hardware systems for various clients. To be successful you will need strong experience in OOP programming in at least 1 of C++, C#, Java as well as understanding of SCADA or control systems. A background in Electrical engineering would be highly beneficial.
They're based in Stone, Staffordshire & operate hybrid working with 2-3 days on-site per week.
This is what you will be doing:
- Participate in all stages of the systems development lifecycle, including specification, design, programming, testing, installation, and commissioning.
- Configure multiple instances of existing solutions and develop new solutions based on client requirements, covering database configuration, coding, hardware interface, system testing, and commissioning.
- Conduct client visits for meetings and surveys, as well as potential overseas travel for training courses and partner integrations.
- Research ideas and products to identify suitability for solutions, ensuring all assigned tasks are completed to plan and in line with company procedures and standards.
The experience you will bring to the team:
- Experience in OOP programming in at least 1 of the following languages: C++, C#, Java, VB.NET.
- Understanding of SCADA / PLC programming.
- Knowledge / background of electrical engineering, particularly control systems or panel design / automation would be highly beneficial.
- Security clearance eligibility.
What you will receive in return:
- Negotiable salary dependent on experience (enquire for details)
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days holiday (bank holidays on top)
- Flexible / hybrid working options
Got your attention?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role - then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Ryan Harris at Yolk Recruitment.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*
'Yolk Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Yolk Recruitment Limited is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.