£550 - £650 per day
02921 67 37 46
9 days ago
21 June 2022
Yolk Recruitment are recruiting for a C++ Software Engineer to join our client's team on an initial 6 month basis over in Newport, South Wales.
The Software Engineer is responsible to the Head of Software Engineering for executing allocated Software Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
The Software Engineer is responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified customer requirements by -
- Analysing requirements and specifying the software solution and work breakdown
- Preparing software architectural and detailed design UML Models and documentation
- Generating source code to implement all aspects of the software detailed design
- Controlling and reviewing work of the members of their team (where a team exists)
- Integration of software onto the target platform
- Providing software technical support
- Supporting the company software process and procedure updates
- All equipment is designed, developed, integrated and tested in accordance with Client’s standards; all supporting documents are produced in accordance with our client's Clients standards.
- Tools, methodologies and coding standards are appropriately specified and applied to achieve project aims
- Technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices, established precedents and acquired “technical” expertise.
- The cost/benefit trade-offs of design options are understood, enabling appropriate judgement calls to be made.
- Software development plans can be estimated in detail, and resource requirements can be allocated against plans.
- The provision of technical guidance to fellow team members in software development tools and methodologies
- Success of both internal and external design reviews and project reviews throughout the development life cycle.
- The support of the design and development of critical components where decisions have a significant impact on project timescales.
- Customer liaison, by representing our client's Defence & Space on project related technical matters at stakeholder meetings.
- Design and Development by taking a technical role as a Prime on a critical component where required.
- Career development of both the job holder and their team members (if any), by agreeing challenging and business focused objectives
- Must have extensive experience of software development and be familiar with a number of software development methodologies
- Able to carry out development tasks of up to six months duration with very limited supervision
- Must have experience of software systems design & implementation for networking communications in a commercial and/or military environment
- Must have experience of stakeholder engagement (e.g. for requirements analysis, design trade-offs, third party certification/accreditation etc.)
- Must be familiar with process driven software development
- Implementation of Windows application software in C++
- Strong knowledge of the .NET web framework
- Proficient in creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Object oriented analysis, design and development documented using UML
- Must have an understanding of requirements implementation and traceability, and of work package definition and estimation
- Must have successful track record of working in a lead role
- Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communications skills
- Experience of full project lifecycle
- Experience of Requirements Management (e.g. using DOORS)
- Experience of software implementation of data or voice network protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP, VOIP)
- Knowledge of cryptographic techniques and their application in products/systems
- Experience of formal software configuration management