£65 - £75 per hour
02921 67 37 46
7 days ago
23 June 2022
Yolk Recruitment are recruiting for a Software Engineer to join our client in one three sites, Bristol, Stevenage or Bolton on a minimum of a 6 month deal.
We are currently looking to recruit of an experienced Software Engineer / Developer, who is self-starter and able to hit the ground running immediately with minimal support.
- In conjunction with the rest of the project team, participate in the design and development of software for Mission Planning Applications. To include updates to the current portfolio of Mission Planning systems and the development of major new products.
- To undertake a full range of engineering activities in line with relevant company processes and standards.
- Must be capable of taking ownership of features.
- The role potentially includes system integration activities on representative and final deliverable target hardware.
- Depending on the skills and experience of the engineer, they would be expected to partake in potentially all the development lifecycle from Architectural specification of the software product and through to the testing and verification.
- The role will include supporting the production of project documentation.
- A Software Engineer capable of design, development and proving of complex software products.
- The ability to communicate technical issues with other engineers and stakeholders from different skill areas.
- Experience operating as part of a collaborative Agile team.
- Knowledge of Software development practices and processes is required.
- Familiarity with a range of CI/CD/DevOps toolsets.
- Mandatory knowledge of C++ and Java.
- Strong Linux Administrator skills highly beneficial.
- Desirable knowledge includes C# and Python.