Up to £43800.00 per annum
12 days ago
21 June 2023
Software Engineering Team Manager
Yolk Recruitment Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team has partnered with a highly specialist civil service organisation. We are supporting them to recruit a Software Engineering Team Manager to join a dynamic team and lead the delivery of the organisation's digital vision. If you have a passion for software engineering, team development, and driving innovation, we want to hear from you!
What the Software Engineering Team Manager will be doing
As a Software Engineering Team Manager, you'll be involved in the following
- Provide effective leadership to a team of software and test engineers.
- Take ownership of the hiring process, attracting and selecting top-notch software engineers and test engineers who will contribute to the team's success.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and growth within the software and test engineering communities, organising events, and implementing development initiatives to enhance skills and knowledge.
- Process Improvement: Drive the implementation of new ways of working, processes, and tools, streamlining software delivery and ensuring efficient and high-quality development practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, attend meetings, and act as a key representative of software engineering, ensuring effective communication and alignment of goals.
What the successful Software Engineering Team Manager will bring to the team
This role is suitable for anyone with the following:
- Significant experience in managing software engineering teams, including coaching, mentoring, and fostering potential.
- Proven track record of driving and implementing new ways of working, tools, and processes within a software development environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated through effective presentations and successful collaboration with stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge of modern software development principles, practices, and processes, keeping up to date with industry trends and best practices.
- Experience in hiring and retaining high-quality software engineers, conducting interviews, and driving talent acquisition strategies.
Here's What You'll Get in Return
- Salary of up to £43,889
- generous Annual leave
- flexible working options
- at least 5 days' learning and development to each employee per year
- Paid special leave (e.g., volunteering, Reserve Forces)
Think this one's for you.
If you think this Software Engineering Team Manager opportunity is for you then apply online or call Sophie Roach to discuss the role in confidence on 07458143279.
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational