£34000 - £42000 per annum
19 days ago
14 June 2023
Software Engineer - up to £42,000 - Hybrid (Remote working available)
Yolk Recruitment Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team has partnered with a specialised Civil Service Organisation. The unique nature of their work leads to positions that are exciting and different.
We are supporting them to recruit Software Engineers for a variety of different teams across the company. They have 9 distinct teams and are looking for people with C# / .NET experience and a desire to learn.
What the Software Engineer will be doing
Working in a collaborative environment, you will be working with C# to develop specific solutions for various business requirements.
- Working in pairs or larger teams to effectively ensure quality while designing and coding.
- Utilising Agile methodologies to effectively develop products and features
- Engage effectively with stakeholders and attend regular project meetings
- Bug fixing and system configuration
- Unit testing
What the successful Software Engineer will bring to the team
You will be an experienced engineer with good C# / .NET experience - who is looking for a role that will nurture their skills.
- Good C# / .NET experience in a hands on capacity
- Active participation in community groups for software engineers to identify best practices
- Ability to work effectively using Agile practices
- Good communication skills
Here's What You'll Get in Return
- Salary of up to £42,000
- Pension scheme up to 27.9%
- 26.5 days annual leave per year, increasing to 31.5 days after 5 years' service
- Minimum of 5 days learning and development to each employee per year
- Professional membership subscriptions, mentoring, and sector specific learning available to all
- Hybrid working
- Flexible working hours scheme with up to two days per month Flexi leave, paid special leave, career breaks, and unpaid leave
Think this one's for you
If you think this Software Engineer opportunity is for you then please apply online.
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.