£65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
10 months ago
Solutions Architect (AWS) | Financial Services | Cardiff | Hybrid | 2 Days per week on-site | Up to £75,000
Yolk Recruitment are working with a large financial services organisation based in Cardiff looking for a Solutions Architect to join their Cloud Architecture Division.
They're looking for an experienced Architect with good experience in the design & architecture of AWS Solutions. You will work closely with Technical Leads & Senior Management to design improvements to the organisations AWS estate in line with wider business objectives. To be successful you will need strong experience designing AWS solutions ideally within enterprise level organisations.
They're based in Cardiff & operating hybrid working with 2 days per week in the office.
- Ensure the solutions developed and deployed are fit for purpose, meet the business requirements and adhere to quality standards, deliver value within cost constraints.
- Provide input into project and resource plans and support business case production Identify issues and risks and lead their resolution as required.
- Clearly communicate solution designs, key design decisions and approaches to interested parties, stakeholders, project bodies and relevant governance / assurance forums including the Technical Design Authority (TDA).
- Oversee solution development including implementation engagement as needed. Apply knowledge of technology options and survey external market landscape for solution insights, direction, and vendors, as required Undertake analysis of technology solution alternatives with associated benefits, costs, and risks; to conduct gap analysis, with proof of concepts for new solutions
- Retain accountability for architecture and design throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring that the delivered solution is compliant with its original design. Manage the production of Key Decision Documents and apply appropriate governance processes to the approval and implementation of recommendations.
- Demonstrable ability to design and build complex Cloud hosted Data platforms in AWS
- Understands and implements DevOps best practices: Infrastructure as Code, Continuous Integration/Deployment
- Designing and building cloud systems with third-party cloud system interactions; IaaS (AWS), SaaS/DBaaS (e.g. Snowflake, MongoDB Atlas)
- Thorough understanding of foundational computer science concepts, e.g. Networking OSI model, protocols (e.g. TCP/IP), POSIX threads/OS, Public Key Infrastructure (TLS/SSL)
- Understands InfoSec principals; experience of designing and implementing secure systems; DevSecOps best practices
- Salary up to £75,000
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Remote & flexible working options
Please get in touch for further details!
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*
'Yolk Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Yolk Recruitment Limited is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and experience can apply