SRE Engineer - DV Cleared
SRE Engineer - DV Cleared
UK - Cheltenham - Salary up to £86,000 per annum + package
Yolk Recruitment is working with a leading Defence & National Security organization to hire a SRE Engineer to join their existing development team in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.
They believe in curiosity, new ideas and challenging the status quo. They take care of their employees and want to nurture and develop talent, whether that's through internal idea sharing, external training or online courses.
Given the growth they have experienced this presents an exciting opportunity to grow with the company and you will have the opportunity to define and shape experiences for business to succeed through the systems you build.
This is what you'll be doing
As a SRE Engineer you will be forward thinking, taking issues and finding repeatable, scalable & automated solutions with a mind set to continuously improve your work flow guided by metrics. You will be able to deploy applications in a controlled, repeatable way and have developed technical specialisms in frameworks and/or toolsets.
· Working alongside customers in their environments, using your expertise to drive their work forwards to the highest standards.
· Defining and creating efficient, automated solutions, reducing manual effort and customer expense.
· Defining and promoting high working standards and good code quality practices.
· Assisting with required updates & out of hours maintenance as/when required.
· Leadership, coaching & mentoring
This is what you'll bring to the Team
You will have experience working as a SRE Engineer, or a similar role, and will also ideally have experience of some of the following:
· You will have taken ownership of the support for live (mission critical) systems, working with customers to fault find and resolve issues within strict time constraints.
· Experience using Industry standard observability tooling (ELK, Grafana, Prometheus), creating/maintaining these environments is a plus.
· You will have a strong understanding & navigation of both Windows and Linux operating systems with efficient fault finding and debugging experience.
· Experience with containerisation and orchestration tooling (Docker, Kubernetes/OpenShift)
· Building and Developing in a Cloud environment (AWS, Azure), experience on both native tooling and standalone instances.
This is what you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity for a SRE Engineer to join a company which is growing massively, and these are a few of the benefits you will get in return.
· Salary up to £86,000
· DV Bonus
Apply now for more details
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.