£32,000 - £35,000
2 days ago
22 March 2021
£32,000 - £35,000 DOE
As a result of continued growth and investment this leading manufacturing business has created a new opportunity for an experienced Stock Controller to join the team in a role where you’ll challenge the status quo, driving accuracy, consistency and best practice.This is a new role with the opportunity to make your mark and a real difference in a critical area with a successful business that will continue to grow.
The business manufactures critical products for a global market and has a strong record of investing in people and technology, and of achieving ambitious growth targets that have kept it in its leading position in the marketplace.You’ll be joining at an exciting time with continued investment and growth plans resulting in further opportunities.
After first learning the particulars of the business and operation you’ll be responsible for carrying out daily cycle checks and monthly stock takes, getting into the detail, understanding the variances and their root causes and working with colleagues to create and implement lasting solutions.You’ll need strong systems knowledge, to be able to work with people at all levels and while you’ll have support from above it’s a role with autonomy so you’ll need to work on your own initiative.
This is what you’ll be doing
· Organise and lead monthly stock take.
· Run daily cycle counts and develop reporting of information to ensure consistency, accuracy and establish a uniformed approach across a multi-site operation.
· Ensure consistent standards of stock accuracy are met and maintained, driving best practise and challenging the status quo.
· Validate daily material stock levels and ensure materials are called off in a timely manner to meet the planned production schedule.
· Monitor and control all inter-site material deliveries; maintain accurate records, tracking, troubleshoot variances, and close out corrective actions.
· Daily delivery note validation and troubleshooting.
· Track, report and improve material variance throughout the factory.
· Ensure any computerised or automated systems are accurate, up to date and maintained.
· Develop existing tools to improve data capture, movement/ tracking, accuracy and reporting.
· Works order creation, troubleshooting and closing.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
· Previous Stock Control experience
· Previous ERPMRP experience
· Strong MS Office skills, particularly Excel
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Problem solving skills
And this is what you’ll get in return
· Competitive Salary
· 25 days + bank holidays
· Ongoing development opportunities
· Company pension
· Free parking
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now.You can apply here or contact our Head of Engineering Phil Pitman directly at email@example.com, or 02921 673717.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.