£35000 - £40000
about 1 year ago
£35,000 - £40,000
A new opportunity has been created for an experienced Stores Manager to join a successful manufacturing company in Merthyr. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing all stores activity to ensure the efficient running of the business, with responsibilities for maintaining departmental processes and procedures and leading a small team to achieve departmental objectives.
This is what you’ll be doing
Maintaining Departmental Processes including
- Maintaining stock levels, ensuring production has continuity of supply
- Achieve departmental KPI’s
- Drive continuous improvement in the department
- Control and improve the absence percentage
- Ensure all rejected stocks are returned to suppliers
- Ensure adherence to quality control protocols
- Manage Stores staff
- Manage all direct and indirect staffing costs
Follow departmental procedures and legislation
- Adhere to all procedures necessary to provide good stock control
- Ensure all industry legislation is adhered to at all times
- Maintain Health and Safety standards
You’ll also be responsible for generating weekly reporting on Wastage, Hand stock, Stock Usage, Stock Issuing and Goods Inward activities.
The skills/experience you’ll bring to the team
- Management experience within a stores environment
- A good understanding of warehouse principles
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong team building skills
- IT literacy
And this is what you’ll get in return
- A salary of £35,000 - £40,000 DOE
- Hours: 8.30am – 5pm
- Onsite canteen
- 5% contributory pension
- Free parking
- 28 days holiday rising with service
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now. You can apply here or contact our Head of Engineering Phil Pitman directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 02921 673717.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.