17 days ago
07 November 2020
Strategic Sourcing Manager
£55,000 + excellent benefits
An exciting new Strategic Sourcing Manager opportunity has been created with one of the UK’s most established manufacturing organisations that produces essential products for a truly global client base. In addition to an extremely competitive salary, this post comes with an extremely competitive range of benefits including up to a 20% pension, annual pay reviews, annual pay reviews and a profit share scheme.
This is a pivotal role within the business, responsible for securing best possible Supply Chain solutions and for Categories of spend across goods, works and services categories worth up to £40m annual spend. You’ll need strong commercial abilities, stakeholder management skills and a solid understanding of Public Contract Regulations 2015 to achieve the best possible Value for Money and agile Supply Chain solutions in order to support the businesses continued growth.
This is what you’ll be doing as Strategic Sourcing Manager
Beyond the initial Sourcing, you’ll work to achieving on-going Cost, Quality and Delivery Improvement with a tier 1 Supply Base through the application of SRM tools and techniques.
Your remit may cover both indirect/direct goods and services across the whole business and you will need to understand and incorporate the strategies from our emerging, embedding and established business units. You will perform a key role working with Stakeholders to help build and operate the required Supply Chains that new markets require to be successful. To do this, you'll need to be a credible influencer at all levels and culturally astute in order to work with colleagues locally and suppliers across the globe.
This role is a genuine opportunity to drive improvement across well-established and emerging business units, creating real impact and playing a key part in our transformation growth and continued market leadership.
Key Objectives & Responsibilities include:
- Lead the Strategic Sourcing of a diverse range of goods and services within a portfolio of categories.
- Compliantly achieve best Value for Money, quality and delivery standards across your categories
- Develop and deliver agreed Category Strategies.
- Work with stakeholders and suppliers to deliver reductions in Total Cost of Ownership
- Educate and lead the way in best practice Procurement and supplier management.
- Ensure we have robust and commercially preferable terms in place across our supply base
- Significantly increase agility within key supply chains
- Define, implement and continuously improve the environmental sustainability of our supply chains
- Contribute to the development of the company's procurement strategy, including local procedures, ensuring compliance and alignment with PCR2015
- Manage, monitor and develop all of the contracts, frameworks tenders and agreements for the supply of goods, works and services, ensuring procurement steps are followed, including:
- Stakeholder engagement
- Market research
- Compiling tender documents and specifications
- Contract award
- Contract mobilisation
- Demonstrate commercial acumen and a good overall understanding of company finances.
The experience you’ll bring to the team as Strategic Sourcing Manager
- Successful, consistent achievement in a procurement function across a range of categories.
- Significant experience in category management, procurement, negotiation, commercial and contract development
- Evidence of delivering significant benefits from category strategies.
- Substantial knowledge of and experience of working with Public Contract Regulations
- Experience of establishing and improving environmentally sustainable Supply Chains
- Implementation of SRM frameworks that have delivered significant business improvement
- Experience of partnership working with key suppliers to achieve CI and best performance
- Exceptional communicator with excellent stakeholder management capabilities from the factory floor to the Boardroom
- Market knowledge across various direct and indirect categories
- Strong project management skills
- Graduate calibre or relevant experience is required – CIPS desirable
- Experience and ability to work at pace
- Able to problem solve both operational and strategic issues through a pragmatic and commercially sound approach.
- Clear and proven strong team player with the ability to coach and mentor team members
And this is what the Strategic Sourcing Manager will get in return
- A generous salary of circa £55,000
- 25 days + bank holidays
- Professional development - fully funded training courses
- Career prospects
- Company Pension – up to 20% inc employee/employer contribution
- Profit related pay scheme
- Free parking
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in the role of Strategic Sourcing Manager, apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.