£39 - £40 per hour
13 days ago
11 October 2022
Stress Engineer - £40 per hour inside IR35 - 6 months (Extensions highly likely) - Stevenage - one stage interview - interview and start date immediately available - sector: aerospace & defence - Current SC security clearance required
Yolk recruitment are recruiting for stress engineers to work on state-of-the-art aerospace technology with one of the world's leading aerospace and defence companies. This is an exciting opportunity to expanding on your technology knowledge in a supportive team that is pushing the boundaries in structural design. You will be a valued member of the engineering team, and you will be tasked to demonstrate the structural design meets the strength and stiffness requirements and assist the lead stress engineer on further projects.
- To identify all strength and stiffness requirements and ensure that they are valid.
- To perform all structural analysis necessary to ensure that all strength and stiffness requirements are met with a minimum mass design.
- To ensure that the design incorporates all features necessary to meet the strength and stiffness requirements.
- To provide a detailed definition of all structural testing required to verify that the strength and stiffness requirements are met.
- To monitor these tests and write a test assessment report that demonstrates that requirements have been met and that the pre-test analysis was of sufficient accuracy.
- Provide design support to manufacture to ensure that strength and stiffness requirements are met for all non-conformances to design with appropriate corrective action.
- To present strength and stiffness analyses and test requirements and assessments at formal design reviews.
- Proficient in using MS Office and MSC Nastran
- To have a good understanding of analysis techniques and methods for light weight structures strength and stiffness prediction. These will include classical hand analysis and computer techniques including the use of finite element analysis and pre/post processing software.
- Appreciation of real costs involved in the various methods and tools used.
- Experience working withing the Aerospace or Defence industry
- Experience using MathCAD or Hypermesh