£39 - £39.55 per hour
2 months ago
Stress Engineer - up to £39.55 Per hour Inside IR35 - 6 Months (extensions highly likely) - 37 hours a week - Hertfordshire - Hybrid after settling in period - One stage F2F interview - Sector: Aerospace and Defence
Yolk Recruitment are searching for a Stress Engineer to work with a renowned Aerospace company that is at the forefront of space exploration and travel. This role is due to the workload increasing.
This is a role that gives you the opportunity to work on cutting-edge aerospace projects not seen anywhere else in the UK. The ideal candidate will have the expertise and experience to ensure the structure design meets its strength and stiffness requirements.
- To demonstrate that the structure design meets its strength and stiffness requirements and ensure they are valid
- Participating in reviews to achieve an efficient design.
- To provide a detailed definition of all structural testing.
- To monitor these tests and write a test assessment report for all significant possible modes of failure.
- Provide design support to manufacturers to ensure strength and stiffness requirements are met for all non-conformances to design.
- To present strength and stiffness results at formal design reviews.
- Assisting lead stress engineer on projects.
Essential Skills and knowledge
- Proficient in using external and internal software tools.
- To have a good understanding of analysis techniques and methods for lightweight structures' strength and stiffness prediction. These include classical hand analysis and computer techniques, finite element analysis and pre/post-processing software.
- Experience with the real costs involved in the various methods and tools used.
- MSC Nastran
- Aerospace and defence experience