£46 - £52 per hour
2 months ago
Stress Engineer (F&DT Engineer) - up to £52 per hour Inside IR35 - 12 Months (extensions highly likely) - Chester - standard 35 hours across 4.5 days (working between 7-7) - On site - One stage virtual interview - Sector: Aerospace and Defence
Yolk Recruitment are searching for a Fatigue and Damage Tolerance (F&DT) Stress Engineer to work within the Analysis team of a renowned Aerospace company that is at the forefront of space exploration and travel.
This is an exciting role that gives you the opportunity to work on cutting-edge aerospace projects not seen anywhere else in the UK. The ideal candidate will hold a signatory/approval or would be able to obtain this within 6 months.
- Address issues related to the main wing box, fixed leading edge and trailing edge structures and control surfaces on the outer wing that come from the plant.
- Performing F&DT analysis of composite and metallic aircraft structures using standard fatigue, crack growth and residual strength calculations.
- Defining, scoping and providing technical guidance
- With the appropriate approvals (depending upon your suitability) you will be responsible for approving F&DT analysis and associated deliverables
- Providing guidance with airworthiness regulations and requirements
- Supporting in product development tasks, production and in-service issues.
- Experience within the aircraft industry involved in fatigue and crack growth analysis of metallic structures
- Understanding of the fundamental method of analysis for fatigue and crack growth and an ability to develop these methods
- Experience of delivering certification activities.
- Understanding of airworthiness requirements.
- Knowledge of Finite Element analysis
- Ability to use F&DT tools (ISAMI or equivalent)
- Signatory status at approval level