£36 - £38 per annum
13 days ago
17 February 2023
Sustainability Engineer - £38per inside ir35 - Broughton onsite - 12 months (extension likely) - one stage virtual interview - Sector: Aerospace
Yolk Recruitment are recruiting for a Sustainability Engineer to join our Manufacturing Engineering Team at our Broughton facility. As a member of the Industrial Safety, Ergonomics, and Sustainability team, you will play a key role in driving change and improving environmental performance to support the companies Vision 2030 strategy.
As a Sustainability Engineer, you will be responsible for leading and delivering industrial projects to enhance the environmental performance of our industrial processes, with a focus on energy and CO2 reduction. In the future, this scope may expand to include other areas such as waste, water, and VOCs.
- Focusing on energy reduction projects to reduce energy and CO2 impact
- Identifying future project opportunities and preparing OPEX and Capex submissions
- Leading all aspects of projects, including contracting, documentation, action plans, reporting, and risk and opportunity assessments
- Delivering an energy reduction project portfolio for 2023+
- Exploring external funding opportunities for the project portfolio
- Investigating and utilizing digital technology to identify future energy saving opportunities
- Communicating sustainability and environmental achievements to internal and external audiences
- Supporting monthly transnational Industrial energy network meetings and representing Broughton's voice in these forums.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Project management experience with multiple interfaces and stakeholders
- Extensive knowledge of the industrial process, including high energy consuming assets
- Experience with the LBIP+ project management process and preparing business cases for projects
- The ability to develop innovative project solutions based on best practice standards in industrial energy and CO2 reduction
- Knowledge of all Health and Safety standards associated with the introduction of projects or technologies
- Experience in working in an industrial or manufacturing engineering environment.