£60000 per annum
13 days ago
15 July 2022
Yolk Recruitment is managing a fantastic opportunity for a sustainability manager to join an established global company who is at the forefront of their market.
My client has been stablished in their field for over 200 years and is continuing to grow year upon year. This is a role which offers stability as well as a great working culture. This is a great time to join this company as they move towards a new direction and want you to be a part of it!
Managing a small team, you will be responsible defining their approach to product and environmental sustainability. You will develop and implement a strategy which protects the business from risk and develop good working relationships with internal stakeholders and third parties.
A Monday – Friday position with hybrid working available.
This is what you’ll be doing as Sustainability Manager
- Manage the development and implementation of the company’s Sustainability strategies and programme, in line with Board & Executive Committee approvals.
- Develop sustainability accountability through relevant governance committees and ensure appropriate policy and guidance is in place to support Sustainability activities across the business.
- Actively promote and communicate sustainable practices and be an internal advocate for sustainability providing consultancy and subject matter expertise to ensure that these are reflected in business plans and objectives.
- Ensure that relevant legislative and requirements are met.
- Develop positive working relationships with key external stakeholders and trade & multi-stakeholder organisations.
- Ensure that the standards and policies set out for suppliers and the processes to ensure compliance with them meet legal and regulatory requirements and stakeholder expectations.
- Highlight risks and make recommendations, including to cease doing business with suppliers who fail to meet the required standards, to reduce non-compliance and mitigate risk to the business.
- Manage, deliver, or support on (as required) all internal and external reporting requirements including Modern Slavery, to ensure this accurately reflects the business’ working practices and is in line with regulatory requirements.
- Support sustainable product development. Work with the materials and product development teams to produce sustainable products reviewing topics such as: innovations, circularity, packaging, and sustainable materials.
- Work with key internal global teams to achieve carbon reduction such as procurement, facilities, product, sourcing teams.
- Lead and manage the Sustainability Assistant & Supplier Working Conditions audit team, managing their performance, and building their capability.
- Oversee the company’s community and charitable partnership programmes and strategy.
- Manage relationships with NGOs, sustainability initiatives, certification bodies, suppliers, third party brands/ wholesalers, government bodies, external working groups, recyclers, and sustainable material suppliers.
The experience you’ll bring to the team as Sustainability Manager
- Ability to create strategic plans and objectives and work with senior leaders and groups
- Broad commercial awareness
- Strong understanding of the global sustainability landscape, key global sustainability issues and best practices,
- along with knowledge of the roles of private, non-profit and public sectors.
- Significant experience and understanding of social and labour conditions, the monitoring and management of them, and
- key issues and best practices ideally within a manufacturing environment.
- Significant experience gained in a corporate responsibility or sustainability role in a large multi-national matrix
- organisation, or sustainability consultancy advising similar scale of client.
- Excellent written communications skills; excellent oral skills, including public speaking, meeting facilitation and
- Strong project and change management skills
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this Sustainability Manager role apply now by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling me directly on 07458163362.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.