Up to £60 per hour
25 days ago
11 October 2022
Sustainability Procurement Co-ordinator - £60 per hour INSIDE IR35 - 12 months (extensions likely) - Hybrid - Stevenage - Sector: Aerospace & Defence - One stage virtual interview
Yolk Recruitment are on the lookout sustainability procurement co-ordinator to work with one of the leading aerospace and defence companies in the world. The Role will focus on all Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) aspects of the companies UK's supply chain and will play a pivotal role in the delivery of its sustainability programme. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a forerunner of global technical innovation and shape the future pathway of the company.
- Develop, implement, and execute the UK Procurement Sustainability & ESG strategy in alignment with our overall ESG strategy and the UK Customers Procurement Policy legislation.
- Develop and embed skills, policies and processes which leverage our UK position and balance cost and sustainability benefits.
- Input into our UK CDP and Annual Report disclosures from a supply chain perspective.
- Cooperate with and provide training to the Procurement team to drive a step change in the evaluation of suppliers and negotiation of contracts in line with our Sustainability & ESG strategy.
- Work with the Procurement team and key stakeholders to improve sustainability & ESG in strategic sourcing and supplier relationship management.
- Work as part of a cohesive team providing leadership that engages all colleagues, role modelling the companies' values, and establish a team with sustainability and continuous improvement as a key deliverable.
- Deliver Senior Stakeholder management with regards Supply Chain with our UK MOD and Industry leaders
- Experience in Sustainability focused procurement
- Engineering and Procurement background
- Project and risk management skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of contract legal aspects
- Sound business judgement
- A desire to work in multinational, cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of UK Government Policies on Sustainability particularly around PPN 06/20 and PPN 06/21
- A background in heavy engineering, aerospace or defence would be advantageous