3 months ago
System Design Engineer
Competitive salary, hybrid/flexible working
Yolk Recruitment is partnered with this global medical device business in the recruitment of a System Design Engineer at their state of the art UK HQ responsible for developing products that have an enormous impact in improving human lives.
You'll be a part of a multi disciplinary product development team involved in taking projects from concept through to manufacturing and release, evaluating and contributing to product architecture design bearing in mind trade-offs between mechanical, electrical and software partitioning and evaluating designs to verify they meet requirements an validate they meet the intended use.
This is what you will be doing as System Design Engineer
- Aid system design based on a modular approach, taking into account all stakeholders e.g. patient, user, C&PM, Clinical and Supply Chain etc.
- Work with project teams to ensure that product architecture, inter-operability and compatibility with related systems is considered during product development
- Responsible for the generation of service-related product documentation, and involvement in product labelling
- Create custom control, user interface, and data collection programs using LabView
- Work with lab technicians to assemble, test, and troubleshoot mechanical, electronic, electromechanical, and pneumatic test setups and data acquisition systems
- Involved in Usability testing and documentation to meet EN60601-1-16 / IEC62366
- Assist engineering team with root cause analysis for problems identified throughout product development
- Work with manufacturing and service teams to develop tests for use in confirming the continued conformance of products
- Involved in the full project lifecycle from initial design/development to product transfer to manufacturing and product release
- To liaise with other departments and sites in order to ensure a smooth and rapid transition of new products from design to manufacture/test
This is the experience you will bring
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in a relevant engineer discipline
- Experience in a medical product design environment is advantageous
- Knowledge of control systems and process simulation (Labview, Matlab)
- Working knowledge of analog and digital electronics
- Competent in CAD and associated simulation tools
This is what you will get in return
- Hybrid and flexible working
- Leading salary available on application
- 5% pension
- 33 days holidays - including bank holidays
- Annual bonus
- Career and development opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in the role of Systems Design Engineer apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website