Up to £35000.00 per annum
25 days ago
01 October 2023
Systems and Supplier Quality Engineer
Up to £35,000
Monday - Friday days based
Join a leading organisation in Newport and make a significant impact as a Systems and Supplier Quality Engineer. At Yolk, we're proud to support this recruitment campaign and offer you the opportunity to work with one of our esteemed clients. If you're ready to take on new challenges and contribute to the quality management of the supplier base while ensuring the conformity and suitability of internal measurement equipment and systems, this is the role for you!
This is what you'll be doing as Systems and Supplier Quality Engineer:
- Support the establishment of risk criteria for the supply base and ensure that risks are evaluated, monitored, and managed according to internal procedures and best practices.
- Conduct process audits on suppliers as part of the risk management process, addressing any raised issues promptly and following up on actions.
- Manage supplier issues by implementing containment measures, conducting root cause investigations, and implementing corrective actions using standard tools such as 8D.
- Review supplier PPAPs and perform validation checks on the production line to ensure compliance.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the calibration of required equipment as per schedule and operational procedures.
- Identify and escalate risks related to out-of-calibration or failed calibration equipment to the Site Quality Manager for appropriate action.
- Support the review of the calibration process and corresponding supplier processes.
- Provide training on the calibration process to operational teams.
- Efficiently manage the documentation system with internal and external stakeholders while facilitating the transition to an automated electronic system.
The experience you'll bring to the team:
- Qualified auditor to IATF 16949.
- Trained on process audit methodology, such as VDA 6.3.
- Auditing qualifications, including ISO 9001, VDA 6.3, IATF 16949:2016.
- Familiarity with problem-solving tools such as 8D, Ishikawa, 5Why, and 5W1H.
- Understanding of Measurement System Analysis (MSA).
- Knowledge of Automotive Core Tools (APQP, PPAP, FMEA, Control Plans).
- Ability to interpret technical drawings.
- Previous process audit experience.
- Proficient in understanding calibration reports.
- Excellent organisational skills to manage the documentation system and site QMS effectively.
And this is what you'll get in return:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional development and growth within a dynamic organisation.
- Chance to work with a supportive team and contribute to the success of the company.
- The excitement of occasional travel within the UK (10% of working time) and potential trips to mainland Europe.
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this Supplier Quality Engineer role apply now by sending your CV or calling me directly on 07458163362.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.