Up to £70 per annum
2 months ago
Systems Architect (Telecoms Network Manager) - £70 per hour - 12 months (extension highly likely) - Farnborough - highly hybrid - 2 stage virtual interview - Sector: Aerospace & Defence
Yolk Recruitment are recruiting for a Systems Architect (Telecoms Network Manager) to work with a next generation UAV project run by one of the world's leading aerospace companies.
This is an exciting opportunity to define and implement of a state-of-the-art network technology to encompass interoperability between telecom infrastructures (4/5G) and the UAV fleet management system incl. aircraft, connectivity payload and ground systems.
- Define and develop the requirements to interface the UAV fleet management system with telecom infrastructure (e.g. 4/5G mobile networks, software defined networks, O-RAN, protocols).
- Define network architecture and APIs at conceptual, functional, and physical layer to implement the interface requirements between telecoms infrastructure and the UAV fleet management system.
- Survey markets, select supplier candidates for API and network solutions
- Specify, design and implement APIs and software solutions to achieve end-to-end interoperability between telecoms infrastructure and the UAV fleet management
- Test, integrate and deliver solutions in accordance to the UAV development roadmap
- Develop and support early capability demonstrations through software simulations.
- Previous experience in the definition and implementation of a telecoms infrastructure solutions in a comparable industry.
- Experience in Artificial Intelligence, software development, simulations.
- Experience of software defined networks, 4/5G architectures, network protocols and applications,
- Project management experience to ensure timescales and KPI's are met.
- Able to collaborate effectively with a range of stakeholders (senior management, customers, regulators, engineers, flight and ground crew) to ensure project delivery is achieved.
- Experience within the Aerospace/Engineering sectors with knowledge of quality standards in this domain.
- Knowledge of UAV traffic management services via 5G networks
- Knowledge of future 5/6G cognitive network concepts.
- Knowledge of UAV operations worldwide.
- Ability to obtain UK SC clearance