£60 per hour
8 days ago
01 September 2022
Yolk recruitment are recruiting for a systems engineer within the deep strike mission planning team of one of the UK’s foremost Defence & Aerospace companies.
This exciting role will focus on delivering a mission planning product for UK domestic customers.
The project is a multi-phase development focused on both hardware and software obsolescence as well as functional enhancements.
- Work within a cross-functional team spanning Systems, Software, Guidance, Control & Navigation, Simulation & Modelling and more.
- Conduct systems engineering activities within a contract with heavy end user involvement.
- Author key documents, both internal and for the Customer/End User.
- You will provide key inputs to requirements capture, design freezes
- Undertake system integration work and informal and formal testing.
- Produce verification/validation evidence and support the certification process, as well as system acceptance.
- Strong understanding of System Engineering Process is essential with significant recent experience in a systems engineering role ideally across the full lifecycle.
- Experience in tools for Requirements Capture and Control (DOORS) and Configuration Management essential (use of RTC is highly beneficial)
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a collaborative environment both physically and virtually is essential.
- Ability to author or contribute to technical reports and documentation are essential.
- General understanding of mission planning would be of benefit.
- Engineering degree or equivalent.