Up to £55000.00 per annum
25 days ago
We are currently seeking a qualified and experienced Tax Consultant to join our clients dynamic team on a 6-month fixed-term contract. Reporting to the Head of Tax & Treasury, you will be an integral part of our busy Plc tax function, supporting various tax compliance and consulting responsibilities. This role requires an individual with exceptional communication skills, a strong corporate tax compliance background, and a keen eye for detail.
- Collaborate with the Group Tax team to ensure comprehensive corporate tax compliance in ROI and the UK, including iXBRL and preliminary tax obligations.
- Assist in preparing year-end current and deferred tax charges and disclosure notes for inclusion in the published Annual Return for the Group and individual entity statutory accounts.
- Address auditor queries as part of the Group's year-end audit of the tax process.
- Handle ad hoc consulting projects, responding to technical queries on all tax heads from the business units, under the guidance of senior Group Tax resources.
- Complete routine tax returns and filing obligations such as Form 46G, CbC report and notifications, Plastic Packaging tax returns, etc.
- Undertake the completion of P&L tax charges for Group budgeting purposes.
- Support the Group Tax function in overseeing compliance with indirect taxes (including Customs & Excise, VAT) and employment taxes filed at the local business unit level.
- Head of Tax
- Group Finance Function
- Self-motivated, organized, and delivery-focused.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong numerical skills, with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Fully Qualified Chartered Tax Advisor (preferably in Ireland).
- 2-3 years of post-qualification experience, with industry experience being a plus.
- Understanding of accounting concepts (any accounting exams would be advantageous).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.