£30,000 - £33,000.00 per annum plus benefits
10 days ago
01 May 2021
Technical Head Gin Distiller
Salary: £30,000 - £33,000 per annum plus benefits
Yolk are working exclusively with a brand driven business who are at the beginning of a very exciting journey in an ever-evolving Industry. This business provides a variety of products to key industries across the UK, America, Australia and Ireland. They offer a high end and elite alcoholic drinks brand in a competitive market. Due to rapid growth they require an experienced Head Gin Distiller.
Your overall purpose is to plan, organise and control all aspects of the liquid production process from research and procurement through to bottling to ensure an efficient, high quality supply, on time, within budget and to standard. This client is set in the beautiful countryside just outside of Cardiff.
As Head Gin Distiller you’ll be……
· Responsible for all liquids NPD (Matching to an existing product/recipe, new recipe from scratch/a brief) and R&D on current products (Improvements, matching, engineering etc)
· Support the creation of the production schedule.
· Ensure the successful delivery of the liquids production plan – blending and distilling as required by the plan.
· Identify opportunities to optimise.
· Plan and manage the material resources required.
· Train and develop the team – build the skill base and ensure flexibility exists within the team.
· Manage the equipment set-up, monitoring and maintenance.
· Raw materials stock management – ensuring the system is kept up to date and accurate
· Play a key role in the delivery of visitor experience classes in Gin/Spirits production.
· Design and implement standard operating procedures for all the processing operations.
· Ensure that standard operating procedures are adhered to.
· Ensure implementation and adherence to health and safety procedures.
· Set product quality standards in conjunction with the QSE Manager.
· Implement and enforce quality control and tracking programs to meet quality objectives.
· Prepare and maintain critical reports, including business d=critical HMRC reporting
· Set and manage department budgets.
What you’ll bring to the team…..
· Experienced in the operation of a distillery / spirits production plant.
· High degree of technical knowledge within spirits sector.
· Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance
· Knowledge of process improvement techniques
· Knowledge of engineering and technology principles and practices
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.