£48000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
14 days ago
22 October 2022
Yolk Engineering is pleased to be working with a well-known food manufacturer based in South Wales who are looking for a Technical Manager to join their team.
Reporting directly to the Head of Technical you will be responsible for maintaining a high standard of Quality across the site, as well as all the technical aspects of food manufacture within the company including quality management systems and food safety.
What you will be doing as Technical Manager:
- To provide support and cover as appropriate in key tasks and activities in the absence of the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Set factory standards against 'Best Practice' and 'What Looks Good' working with the Quality Assurance Manager for food safety, hygiene, equipment, fabrication and environmental with the relevant working departments.
- To ensure compliance to site activities that affect product safety, legality and quality systems.
- Managing the day-to-day activities of the company technical department and leading and developing a team of quality assurance staff.
- Directing the company quality management system to ensure compliance with BRCGS, Customer Codes of Practice and HACCP procedures
- BRC compliance - GAP analysis against new BRC standards
- BRCGS audit action and completion lead
- HACCP Lead
- Management of the HACCP system
- Management of Allergens factory
- Representing the business on all technical related matters
- Manage the internal audit schedule with the Site auditor
- Customer complaint management
- Responsible for responding to serious complaints, high trends and customers
- Hosting visits and audits and actioning investigations from official bodies
- Managing the completion of customer KPI reports and data collection
- Consulting with managers, suppliers and purchasing to reduce complaints and internal incident levels.
- To oversee that the QA team in relevant job or site-specific training requirements
- To maintain regular GMP audits and corrective actions for site. Review actions completed and determine what good looks like
- Provide technical information as required and support to the sales and marketing teams, food service team and support site projects
- Support the development of a training plan to demonstrate technical training requirements at all levels within the business
- To investigate product quality issues, identifying the root cause for the issue and then providing direction to overcome the problem with the Quality Manager
- Maintaining knowledge of competitors product and standards and establishing benchmarks for continuous improvement
- To identify nonconformities and trends from reports provided by the QA department
- Ensuring all staff are competent to do their jobs properly and able to develop their roles
- Document approval authorisation
The skills you will bring as Technical Manager:
- Previous experience as a Technical Manager in a food manufacturing environment
- HACCP qualified
- Lead auditor qualified
- Good understanding of GMP practices
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this Technical Manager role apply now!
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.