£55000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
13 days ago
14 December 2022
£55,000 - £70,000
Yolk recruitment is working with a growing manufacturer who are looking for a Technical Manager to join their team.
This is a great opportunity for a Technical Manager to really make positive changes within a company with full autonomy.
What you will be doing as Technical Manager:
- To lead and develop a high performing Technical team, focusing on training and development through annual reviews and consistently striving to improve team performance on a day to day basis.
- Head up the site training plan with regards to food safety, CCPs, quality briefs, allergens, microbiology awareness and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- To continuously improve the Quality Culture Plan by encouraging the wider team to embrace the standards set.
- Provide a strong presence in the factory and on site by spending time there daily. During this time to have a particular focus on hygiene standards and GMP.
- To periodically spend time on each shift, including night shift and weekend deep clean shifts in order to maintain contact with every part of the operation and the teams involved.
- Manage the site HACCP and its use to facilitate food safety of our products.
- Ensure site compliance to the latest BRC version standard and the also site approval to this standard, be fully up to date with the manual and any updates.
- Maintain and review internal procedures and documentation as set by BRC requirements and specific customer requirements.
- Ensure full traceability is achievable and routinely test / review.
- Supplier specifications for all raw materials to be maintained and up to date. Library to be kept for the relevant information and documentation.
- Site quality risk assessments and validations to be completed for raw and finished product for allergens, microbiology for process, product and the environment.
- Finished product specifications to be kept up to date.
- Customer specification systems to be completed and maintained in a very timely manner
- To ensure that all areas have adequate pest control mechanisms in place limiting any threat to food safety, and to work closely with the pest control provider.
- Manage and maintain the quality system for all procedures ensuring document control.
- Internal auditing schedules to be followed and audit corrective actions followed up.
- Liaise with suppliers on quality and technical issues, including warranted non-conformance's.
- Responsible for overseeing customer complaints, whilst ensuring comprehensive responses are actioned quickly to key customers such as Iceland, Aldi and Tesco.
- Requirement for up to date, in depth knowledge, of individual customer standards to ensure these are met consistently.
- Make meaningful use of the microbiological results for suppliers, highlighting best and worst suppliers and where potential further action is needed.
- Ensure that the set temperature parameters across the factory are maintained at all times (Site Engineer to be responsible for overseeing repairs and maintenance).
- Oversee the MCG system, ensuring that it is maintained and adhered to in respect of its function for managing shelf-life .
- Responsible for managing the daily Concession report from MCG and making the appropriate decisions for products that have been placed on hold.
- To ensure that hygiene practices within areas are adequate to ensure safety standards.
- To actively improve Technical KPI's through the implementation of robust action plans which deliver results.
- Responsible for auditing suppliers as requested by the business.
The skills you will bring as Technical Manager:
- Chilled experience - Desirable
- Food Manufacturing experience - Essential
- 3-4 years' experience in a Technical Manager role
- Customer facing experience with Aldi, Lidl, Morrison and Iceland
- Hygiene and NPD experience and leadership would be advantageous
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this Technical Manager role apply now by sending your CV or calling me directly on 07458163362.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.