Technical Project Manager
Up to £60000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Technical IT Project Manager - Networking - Infrastructure - Security - Birmingham - £60k plus bonus and benefits - Hybrid - - 2 stage interview process -
Yolk Recruitment are looking for a Technical Project Manager to join one a dynamic and collaborative IT department with one of our most established clients in the Midlands. They are growing the team to 55 staff members in total across IT Service, Infrastructure, Architecture, Security, Change Management, Development, Innovation and Client Solutions.
The Solution Delivery team comprises Change Management, Development, and Innovation professionals. The team is responsible for definition and delivery of transformational change across the company and IT system / processes improvements, as well as developing client-specific solutions, and managing integration's between systems.
Responsibilities will include:
The definition, documentation and successful delivery of technical, infrastructure and security focused IT projects within agreed time scales and budget.
* Maintaining open and effective communication with users and stakeholders with regards to the planning and delivery of individual projects and programmes of work.
* Identifying, initiating, and maintaining project RAIDs for all projects and programmes of work.
* Developing strategies and measures to mitigate and/or control risks identified ensuring contingency plans are developed and executed.
* Liaising between business stakeholders, IT Team members, 3rd party suppliers, clients and others as required to deliver IT projects for the business and / or its clients.
* Ownership of work breakdown structure, production of estimates, project plans, technical plans and requirements, finances, risk & contingency, scope management and change control
* Production, maintenance, and delivery of project management products (PID, status reports, change control notes, Business Case, BRS, Test and other key documentation).
* Communicating in language that is appropriate to the audience.
* Identifying, contracting with and management of 3rd parties to deliver solutions for as necessary.
* Ensuring projects create all necessary documentation to support successful transition to service, and also where applicable, enabling the IT Service team to fully support the solution after the project has concluded.
* Supporting wider IT team at times with tasks that might be outside of core role description. This is due to the fact that we are relatively small team, which is collectively striving for excellence.
* To be aware of and comply with the company's policies and procedures
This opportunity would ideally suit an individual from a professional services background with experience of working with IT networking, Infrastructure and / or security teams. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent problem analysis, system design, troubleshooting and resolution skills.
- Project planning, estimation, requirements gathering, and business case writing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering end to end Infrastructure, Networking, or IT Security projects.
- Requirements gathering.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to stakeholders of varying degrees of technical understanding.
- Able to build trusted relationships with C-level stakeholders.
This job description is not an exhaustive list due to the requirements of the role. Therefore, the job holder may be required from time to time to carry out other ad hoc tasks as requested.
- Participation in Annual ShareSave scheme
- Up to 10% discretionary bonus
- Matched Pension Contribution
- Single Health Cover
- Life Assurance
- Core Critical Illness Cover
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Compassionate Leave
- Discretionary Company Sick Pay
- Domestic Emergency Leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity leave
- Eye Tests
- Perks at Work
- Social Club
- Travel Pass Scheme