£30,000 + Shift
about 2 months ago
03 May 2019
Technical Shift Leader
A rapidly growing high-tech engineering business is expanding their manufacturing facilities, creating a number of new opportunities to join their team, working 6-2 and 2-10, leading a team of assembly operators to achieve daily activities, supporting continuous improvement activities and acting as the technical lead on shift.
This is what you’ll be doing
- Leading an automated assembly process, organising staff to achieve targets including output, quality and safety.
- Overseeing autonomous and planned maintenance on your shift, ensuring equipment is available as required for maintenance activity;
- Assembly line fault diagnosis and recovery after stoppages
- Managing the set-up of the assembly and packaging process
- Ensuring the health and safety of staff, contractors and visitors, that workplace risks are identified and that safe systems of work are in place and adhered to
- Ensuring that required quality standards are achieved, through having clearly defined procedures, specifications and standards in place and adhered to;
- Continuous improvement activities: quality, productivity and safety
- Managing product/model changeovers;
- Ensuring effective supply of materials to the assembly and packaging process;
- Ensuring material traceability
- Ensuring that the workplace is well organised, with housekeeping to clinical standards;
- Implementing tools and techniques to facilitate continuous improvement;
- Ensuring staff are treated and treat others fairly, with dignity and respect;
- Actively manage staff attendance, providing required time and attendance information, with a fair and rigorous approach to dealing with attendance issues;
- Undertaking formal disciplinary, grievance and absence reviews where required;
- Providing and maintaining appropriate key performance indicators to monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of manufacturing operations;
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Previous experience leading teams in manufacturing, with responsibility for safety, quality and output.
- Experience operating PLC controlled assembly equipment
- An engineering qualification
- Leadership qualifications (e.g. ILM)
- Business Improvement Techniques (e.g. NVQ Level 2/3)
And this is what you’ll get in return
- Salary to £30,000 + shift allowance
- Statutory pension
- 25 days + bank holidays
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Free parking
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now. You can apply here or contact our Head of Engineering Phil Pitman directly at email@example.com, or 02921 673717.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.