£14.48 - £17.06 per hour
02921 673 757
3 days ago
11 November 2021
Contract – April 2022
Are you an Electronics/instrumentation or electrical Technician? Do you enjoy working using your expertise to resolve issues? If so, then read on…
What you’ll be doing as a Technician
A key element of this role will be carrying out planned maintenance of ICA plant and make decisions on both tasks and frequencies in order to strike a balance between regular checks and number of breakdowns. This will include:
- Carrying out planned maintenance of ICA plant and making decisions on both tasks and frequencies in order to strike a balance between regular checks and number of breakdowns.
- Responding to breakdowns on a very wide variety of ICA plant, assessing problems, deciding on action, acquiring spares and carrying out repairs as necessary.
- Recommending design changes if necessary, to ensure that plant continues to function efficiently and effectively in order to maintain levels of service.
- Programming PLC’s, telemetry and SCADA systems to efficiently control and monitor unmanned plant and amending existing programmes in response to both faults and operational changes in order to optimise levels of service.
- Being actively involved in design, installation and commissioning of Capital Schemes to enhance ICA, Process optimisation and environmental discharge monitoring and control.
- Designing, installing, commissioning and maintaining all instrumentation and communication links to wastewater assets.
- You will hold a valid driving licence
- HNC or equivalent in Industrial measurement and control
- Time Served apprenticeship in a relevant role – electronics, instrumentation or electrical would be desirable; or fully qualified in at least one of the work streams with a demonstrable track record and experience
The successful Technician will receive the following:
As well as a salary of £27 798 - £32 828 (pro rata)
Think this one’s for you
If you think this Technician role is for you then apply online to Nikki Fisher at Yolk Recruitment
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.