£32206 - £40136 per annum
02921 673 757
4 days ago
10 November 2021
Permanent with excellent development opportunities
An exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role in ensuring the core applications are reviewed and continually improved
What you’ll be doing as a Digital Delivery Test Engineer
You will need the appetite to learn new technologies and methodologies for delivering high quality IT services. In this role you will work within a multi-disciplinary squad using several technologies to build enterprise grade services. You will be expected to be proactive and take accountability for assigned deliveries. The role will also require the investigation, diagnosis and fix of any system issues. Opportunities to contribute to the technical strategy are also available.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Be responsible for the design, coding, testing and documentation for robust, scalable and reusables solutions that deliver exceptional user experience using DevOps best practice
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team to deliver highly user focused and successful digital services ensuring governance standards are adhered to.
- Assist in implementing toolkits and APIs for purposes such as integration, performance optimisation, security and scalability
- Build automated tests to support our continuous deployment environment
- Identify, incidents, risks and issues in line with ITIL standards
- Drive your own training and self-development, keeping skills up to date and learning new skills
- Share knowledge and expertise with your wider team, aspire to be a role model within the organisation, champion our culture of learning, development, cross-company collaboration and teamwork
- Embrace a continuous improvement ethos.
- Keeping an open mind and exploring innovative ways to solve problems, working in a fail-fast fashion to provide required functionality.
- Promote and display the IPO and Civil Service Values
Experience in delivering technical solutions
Good understanding of a mainstream automation testing framework such as Serenity
Experience in a mainstream development language
Experience in Web Services, REST
Experience with modern delivery models such as Scrum and Agile
Understanding of DevOps principle
Here’s What You’ll Get in Return as a Digital Delivery Test Engineer
The successful Digital Delivery Test Engineer will receive the following endless benefits:
A salary of £32 206 - £40 136
A flexible working scheme which has no core hours and excellent opportunities for home, part-time and term-time working;
A very generous pension scheme, with low employee contributions;
Eligibility for special and office-wide bonus payments;
Excellent development opportunities;
Opportunities for secondments, both internal and external;
Opportunities to join many civil-service clubs such as the Sports and Social Association, Motoring Club (CSMA), which provide numerous discounts to members
A limited number of free car parking spaces are available on site;
Use of facilities that we share with ONS. These include an on-site gymnasium, shop, restaurant, coffee shop, cash point and hairdressers.
Think this one’s for you
If you think this Digital Delivery Test Engineer role is for you then apply online to Nikki Fisher at Yolk Recruitment
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.