£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Are you a Test Engineer with a focus on Data Warehouse, ETL, Data Migrations, Data Reconciliations, Analytic, and BI testing. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record in implementing Automation Frameworks within organisations to enhance the efficient delivery of high-quality data and software in a Scrum/Agile environment.
The primary objective of the role is to enhance software quality and reliability and minimise the risk of failure when introducing new/upgraded software and processes into production. The Test Engineer will serve as a Subject Matter Expert in Software Testing Engineering for their Cross-Functional Scrum Team.
Key responsibilities include contributing to test strategy refinement and planning, designing, writing, and executing test scripts, including automated and regression tests, as well as defect identification and verification of fixes.
Day to Day:
- Test Planning & Control: - Analyse requirements; perform static analysis and defect prevention; formulate test levels and communicate the test approach
- Test Design & Execution: - Develop, script, and execute tests; log and manage issues; maintain test suites. Create and/or update manual or automated regression tests.
- Test Evaluation, Reporting, and Closure: - Share test results and progress; identify and communicate remaining risk in deliveries; contribute to test closure, derive lessons learned, and implement continuous improvement actions
- Serve as an Expert in Quality Assurance Testing: - Promote consistency throughout the department; Contribute to skill enhancements; Share knowledge; Self-improve
What you will bring:
- Testing expertise in ETL and Data Reconciliation for Data Warehouse tables from source to target
- Proficiency in testing against extensive data-sets in intricate projects
- Solid grasp of intricate Data Warehousing terminology
- Proficient in developing new Automation Frameworks for data testing
- Execution and maintenance of regression test suites (both manual and automated)
- Proficiency in testing within data-driven environments, with advanced SQL skills
- Hands-on experience with Azure DevOps and ETL Tools in an Agile Scrum Environment
- Background in Software Testing (Certified by a recognised body)
Got your attention?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role then get in touch or 07458160539 .
We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions, then please contact Ryan Davis at Yolk Recruitment.