up to £25,000
over 1 year ago
Are you good at planning? Got an eye for detail? Then this family run Haulage Company are looking for you to join and help support their planning team.
This is what you’ll be doing
A family run haulage company are looking for a Traffic Planner to join their growing team. They are looking for someone who has experience within transport and logistics and are offering a competitive package, depending on experience.
- To work closely with the planning team and drivers to ensure that every job required for the day is planned, logged and managed.
- To ensure that each job is planned in the most efficient and viable way to maximize revenue
- To ensure that movements for each plan are entered into the system to include collections and delivery details
- Make sure all deliveries are achievable and in line with company policies
- To liaise with drivers daily to manage and support them
- To communication and build relationships with customers and suppliers to plan collections and deliveries to obtain weekly forecast data
- Provide general support to management when required
- Understanding of VOSA compliance, company compliance and vehicle compliance
- Maintain job data and ensure all paperwork is correct and complete
- Plan vehicle resource
- Attend any required staff training
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Previous experience within traffic planning, driver management and vehicle management is essential
- Understanding of HGV Class 2 and Class 1 Haulage
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Holds a clean driving licence
- Good geographical knowledge
- Strong organisational skills
- Good level of computer and program knowledge
And this is what you’ll get in return
A competitive salary with the opportunity to progress within the company.
It includes 20 days annual leave.
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we’re looking for? Please get in touch today with our Office Support Manager, Emma Harries on either firstname.lastname@example.org or 02921 673734
Please apply with a CV. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from