£42000 per annum
02921 673 727
12 months ago
Yolk Recruitment are excited to be working closely with an industry leading and global Healthcare Technology company in Swansea to find an experienced and driven Training Officer to join their team.
After nearly two decades in business, they are the worlds leading manufacturer of their products, and are proud of their UK heritage, with everything designed, developed and distributed from the UK. They distribute their products to over 50 territories and are excited about their growth and development within the technology space.
What you’ll be doing:
This is an exciting opportunity for a confident and experienced Training Officer to join a dynamic and growing team in Swansea. You will work closely alongside the operations director, production manager and HR Manager to set up and implement processes to identify training needs of the staff. You will also:
- Review the current Learning Management System, and develop the current system or research, suggest and implement new or different systems.
- Identify various internal and external learning resources to meet the needs of different staff within the business
- Review and develop different training materials and their effectiveness for staff
- Review operator performance to identify areas in need of improvement.
- Conduct regular training and inspection reviews.
- Support the operations team with the introduction of new Operators.
- Support the HR Manager in ensuring induction processes, probation and annual reviews are undertaken as required.
- Develop and prepare training and learning plans with aims, objectives, and relevant tools to support those in training
- Develop, control and maintain a training budget and targets/KPI’s to measure the effectiveness of training, regularly providing reports and updates to the operations director, production manager and HR Manager
- Provide feedback to cross functional teams on operator performance - quality, process, health and safety etc.
- Work closely with the design, development and engineering department to gain understanding of all products being manufactured
- Ensure all systems, databases and Department Skills Matrix are accurate and up to date at all times
What you’ll bring to the team:
As a fantastic and experienced Training Officer, you will have a genuine passion for teaching and supporting others, alongside experience within a manufacturing environment. You will also be:
- Qualified with HNC/HND or equivalent in a technical or business-related discipline, alongside a training qualification (CIPD, Gity and Guilds etc.)
- Confident in developing initiatives, training and development plans and coaching staff, and using data to support this and identify trends
- Driven and self-motivated to keep things interesting, and keep staff engaged in training
- Excellent at communicating with people on all levels, with exemplary written and IT skills.
- Organised and methodical, with a keen eye for detail
- Confident in GMP (Good Manufacturing Practise) and working within a regulated environment
And here’s what you’ll get in return:
As a training officer, you will receive a salary up to £42,000 depending upon experience, alongside 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays. You will also receive:
- Opportunity to develop the role and department as your own
- Flexibility in relation to shifts
- Early Finish Friday’s
- Supportive managers and an excellent team to work alongside every day
- Free parking onsite
- Cycle to work scheme
Are you up to the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role – then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Chelsea Campbell on 02921 673727.