£25000 - £30000
about 1 month ago
17 August 2020
£25,000 - £30,000
This rapidly growing engineering and manufacturing business is once again expanding their manufacturing facilities and with the purchase of a new site is creating a number of new opportunities to join their team. The business has continued to excel even in the most difficult of market conditions, and teams here are benefiting from this security and developing their careers as a result of the continued growth.
We’re looking for a Training Officer to help develop and maintain a professional, dedicated training solution for the company; providing total coverage of all appropriate training needs in a modern manufacturing operation.
This is what you’ll be doing
- Develop and implement the Learning Management System.
- Set up and implement a process for identifying training needs.
- Identify appropriate learning resources, both internal and external, to meet the needs of all staff within the business.
- Develop and periodically review the effectiveness of training materials and update when required to enable learners to continuously develop their capabilities.
- Ensure effective staff induction process are in place and adhered to.
- Prepare and communicate learning plans with aims, objectives, and tools to support trainees with understanding potential outcomes for individuals (to ensure a ROI).
- Ensure all training records and the Department Skills Matrix accurately reflect the training and competence of staff and are compliant to all relevant procedures.
- Develop and control a training budget.
- Develop appropriate processes/KPIs to measure the effectiveness of training and ROI for the business.
- Review operator performance to identify areas in need of improvement.
- Support the operations team with the introduction of new Operators.
- Support Shift Leaders in providing objectives for all Operators/Area Owners.
- Support HR Manager in ensuring probation and annual reviews are undertaken as required.
- Regular training and inspection reviews.
- Provide feedback to cross functional teams on operator performance - quality, process, health and safety etc.
- Take part in production huddles, 5s and GEMBA and continuous improvement activities etc.
- Work with engineering dept. on all New Product Introductions and Continuous Improvements
- Work with design and development departments to understand the products being manufactured.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- A background in training within manufacturing
- Experience implementing and managing training systems
- Knowledge/experience of effective training techniques
- HNC/HND or equivalent in a technical or business-related discipline
- Competent user of MS Office applications
- A good understanding of GMP
- Experience in a regulated manufacturing industry
- Recognised training qualification – CIPD, C&G, Train the Trainer etc.
And this is what you’ll get in return
- Salary of £25,000 - £30,000, reviewed annually
- 25 days + bank holidays
- Company pension
- Safe working environment – PPE provided / COVID safety precautions in place
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now. You can apply here or contact our Head of Engineering Phil Pitman directly at email@example.com, or 02921 673717.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.