£36000 - £40000 per annum
11 days ago
13 April 2023
Yolk Recruitment are pleased to partner with a specialist UK-based mortgage company, whose services to date have been recognised with several awards, to hire an expert UX Designer.
Reporting to the Head of UX and working closely with the Senior Designer and Web Developers within the marketing team, you'll be responsible for creating and maintaining bespoke UX systems, providing UX, UI, and design resource for projects new and existing, and building out digital tools to continually improve the company's service delivery.
In more than a purely technical role, you'll be a strong written and verbal communicator, capable of engaging with and presenting to stakeholders of all levels. You'll also uphold an analytical approach, testing concepts & implementing evidence-based ideas to maximise the quality of the consumer experience and progress the technical and commercial standing of the business.
This is what you'll be doing
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven and experienced UX Designer to join an established and dynamic lender based in the heart of Cardiff. You will work as part of the Marketing team to Ensure all projects remain on track, in budget, and are delivered on time. You will also:
- Develop user-centred, data-driven, low-to-high fidelity concepts from wireframes to designs, to maintain exceptional intuitive quality across in-house software, websites, and applications.
- Conduct technical and industry research and analysis and advise the Marketing department on best UX Design practice.
- Run workshops, journey-mapping, and take part in sprints and concept sessions to cultivate successful strategies for acquisition and retention of B2B and B2C customers.
- Create, update, and follow a product roadmap to align the company with upcoming trends and technologies in web and mobile visual design, as well as regulation changes that will or are likely to impact activities and business.
- Being responsible for the success of new designs, and the measurement and analysis thereof.
- Work with the wider team of Developers, Marketing, Business teams, and third-parties to see that all propositions are fit for purpose and meet the user's needs.
The experience you'll bring to the team
As a confident UX Designer, you will have experience working in UX teams, with a proven record of delivering successful concepts and strategies. You will also have:
- Both B2B and B2C experience is highly desirable.
- Deep and broad technical knowledge, including proficiency in Figma and other typical UX tools, as well as modern web design practises (wire-framing, responsive design, prototyping, etc).
- Marketing campaign experience, and knowledge of various digital marketing forms.
- Design experience and proficiency with Design tools (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite & Sketch) is desirable, but not essential, with the potential capacity to cover/support design tasks.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Confidence in both in project and stakeholder management.
And this is what you'll get in return:
As a UX Designer, you will receive a salary between £36,000 - £40,000 depending upon experience + annual bonus, alongside:
- Hybrid and flexible working opportunities
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays, increasing through years of service and the opportunity to buy/sell days
- Private Medical Insurance, Cycle to Work Scheme and various retail discounts
- Free parking onsite
- Excellent opportunities for development and growth within the team and business
- A fantastic and dynamic team to work with every day
Are you up to the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role - then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Chelsea Campbell on 02921 673727