£85 - £90 per hour
about 1 month ago
Verification & Validation (V&V) Engineer - £90 per hour inside ir35 - 12 months (extension highly likely) - Hertfordshire - predominantly onsite working - Sector: Defence & Aerospace
Yolk Recruitment are recruiting for a Verification & Validation (V&V) Engineer to work with one of the world's leading aerospace and defence companies.
You will be responsible for verifying and validating real-time systems application software for the next generation of aerospace systems. This is a technical hands-on role and will involve designing, implementing Test Cases for safety-critical Actuator subsystem software.
Due to the security nature of the project the candidate must be willing to undergo SC security clearance.
- Debug complex problems and be able to produce required documentation to achieve the required safety level
- Authoring Test Specifications, Test Planning documentation, high quality results documentation and other test documents
- Reviewing test results
- Requirements Analysis
- Working with Source Configuration Control Processes (e.g. PVCS, RTC, GIT)
- Working with formal requirements capture tool.
- Validation, and verification of embedded software written in C
- Meaningful experience of independent validation, and verification of embedded software written in C and developed at a high safety integrity level
- Test Specification creation and compliance recording in DOORS.
- Working knowledge of C/C++ for testing special builds and focussed code reviews
- Unit Testing using LDRA or CPP Unit or an equivalent testing tool
- Understanding of Code Coverage and techniques/strategies used to cover/justify shortfall
- Working in a lab environment with live equipment (PSUs, Scopes, Logic Analysers etc.) conducting system tests
- Object Code Verification Experience
- Creation and use of Virtual Machines (VMWare)