about 1 year ago
A rapidly growing manufacturing business has expanded this key facility, creating a new opportunity for an experienced Warehouse Manager to join the team.
This is what you’ll be doing
- Developing and maintaining a safe, productive and accurate warehouse operation to enable the smooth flow of materials to meet production requirements.
- Management of external 3rd party storage, receiving components, despatch of finished goods, kitting and supply of materials to assembly and packaging lines.
- Driving traceability and ensuring all stock movements being mirrored in real time in the MRP system, ensuring a high degree of stock location and count accuracy.
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for continuous improvement in the operation.
- Lead the warehouse operation, managing staff to meet business requirements;
- Ensuring a safe environment for staff, contractors and visitors to the area
- Ensure all quality system requirements are met, including any required inspections of incoming materials;
- Ensure all stock recording and traceability requirements are met, with clearly defined procedures in place and followed to ensure that stock location and quantity is mirrored accurately in real time in the MRP system;
- Supply and return of materials to and from the production process, in line with the production plan, working with the Production Manager to ensure the most efficient flow of materials and accuracy of the kitting process;
- Maintain a well organised workplace, with high standards of housekeeping, to enable achievement of targets and promote a positive image of the warehouse operation;
- Manage external storage of materials, developing and maintaining an effective system of communication and transport to assure the reliable supply of materials to meet production requirements;
- Confirm stock accuracy through regular stock checks and cycle counting systems;
- Ensure that warehouse equipment is regularly checked and effectively maintained;
- Ensure that staff respect waste management procedures and identify and implement actions to minimise waste;
- Operate in accordance with agreed budgets and promote a culture of cost efficiency;
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve the operation, enabling staff to contribute to continuous improvement;
- Provide and maintain appropriate key performance indicators to monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of warehouse operations;
- Ensure all external delivery/distribution drivers and any visitors to the area follow company rules and safety instructions;
- Undertake warehouse operations when required to ensure required targets are met.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Managing teams in a manufacturing warehouse operation, with responsibility for all aspects of the operation: reception and issue of components, safety, quality, despatch of finished goods…
- Knowledge of MRP systems and their use in managing stock in a production and warehouse operation
- Managing external/sub-contract storage
- Working in accordance with quality management system requirements
And this is what you'll get in return
- Salary to £35,000
- Statutory pension
- 25 days + bank holidays
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Free parking
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now.You can apply here or contact our Head of Engineering Phil Pitman directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 02921 673717.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.