£11.73 - £13.32 per hour
23 days ago
22 October 2021
Yolk has partnered with Wales largest not-for-profit organisation to hire a wastewater process operator in the technical and operations teams based in Hereford. This is a 3-month temporary position initially where you will be working close with the production teams, engineers, and craftsmen to ensure full compliance of health and safety within the business.
What you’ll be doing
Operate Wastewater Treatment Works and associated water pumping stations to company BMS and Health and Safety requirements. This will include:
- Inducting, supervising and managing outside contractors.
- Ensuring full compliance to Health & Safety
- Liaising with ME&I craftsmen on revenue and reactive capital maintenance work
- Participating in arrangements and cover for annual leave and sickness for area of operation.
- Liaising and coordinating with the area Supervisor and team members on operating activities
- Ensuring correct compliance to required EC Directives, BMS and other company standards and procedures including Health & Safety
- Willing to develop and learn within the role
What the wastewater process operator will bring to the team
- Experience gained in the industry to ensure full compliance and adherence to all H&S issues
- Enthusiastic about putting our customers first every day
- Awareness of regulatory bodies such as DWI and Environment Agency/NRW
- Dealing with control of abstraction under licence at raw water intakes
- Dealing with discharge consent licence for all environmental discharges
- Computer systems literate including SAP, Scope X, Exchange, Word and Excel are essential
Here’s what you’ll get in return
- £11.73 - £13.32ph
- On call and overtime opportunities
- Great brand and working environment.
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work