£40,000 - £50,000
about 2 months ago
Windows Administrator / Cloud Systems Engineer
YellowDog are recruiting for a Windows Administrator / Cloud Systems Engineer to work on the installation of customer systems, the improvement of DevOps process and to provide customer support.
The company were founded on the belief that there was already enough computing power in the world but an imbalance between supply. Three years, 20 staff, 4 awards and 1000 customers later the company has gone from strength to strength and last year released their second major product, this time for the Financial Services Industry.
This is an opportunity to be part of an exciting scale up venture that has already revolutionised the 3D Rendering industry and have already received a number of accolades and awards for their work so far. A genuine tech, industry disputer they have a strong management team already and are now looking to build on this.
YellowDog people are fun loving, reliable, genuine and adventurous. As we build YellowDog we are creating an environment we want to work in. We are looking for new members of the team who can bring a range of new skills, experiences and backgrounds to this exciting challenge and become part of something that we believe will revolutionise the way computing power is used across multiple industries.
Based in the heart of Bristol, one of the leading tech clusters in the UK and in one of the best cities to live in the country. They are continuing to scale rapidly this year and as well as offering the opportunity to work within a cutting edge technical environment they also offer a great working environment including flexible working opportunities.
You will be working within Yellowdog’s Operations team, planning, deploying, monitoring and managing their complex distributed infrastructure. The role is both to proactively ensure that computer infrastructure is well planned, managed and documented, and reactively resolve customer issues that arise.
- You will also work closely with other resource teams, helping to improve DevOps processes and collaboration, automating and improving processes where applicable, especially around release and deployment activities.
- Responsibilities include:
- Building resilient infrastructure on premise and in the cloud
- Configuring private network and VPN deployments
- Provisioning services for customers
- Benchmarking system performance
- Resolving issues with customer jobs
- Building & deploying operating system images
- Administrating operating systems
- Patching and updating software and operating systems
- Reporting potential software issues
- Documenting solutions and changes
- Handling telephone, email and helpdesk enquiries
- Ensuring helpdesk systems, logs and records are kept up to date
- Escalating issues and alerting managers as appropriate
You will have a broad mixture of skills with a focus on Windows and Cloud platforms. Experience of any of the following would also be beneficial.
- Solid understanding of TCP networks including firewalls and VPN’s
- Experience of managing server infrastructure with a cloud service provider
- Experience with Terraform, and configuration management tools such as Ansible/Puppet/Chef
- Familiar with resource management monitoring and alerting
- Experience of PowerShell scripting
- Experience with software configuration management tools such as GIT
- Customer support and troubleshooting
- Documenting and recording actions in Confluence and Jira
Yolk Recruitment is working in partnership with YellowDog on a retained basis for the recruitment of a number of key roles including this. If you wish to apply to this role please contact Matthew Sykes at Yolk Recruitment or simply apply to this advertisement via the methods outlined.
Please note that YellowDog will not be accepting direct applications, and will direct you back to Yolk. For an initial informal discussion then please contact Matthew on the phone number provided.