£40 - £50 per hour
02921 67 37 46
about 1 month ago
15 November 2049
Yolk Recruitment are recruiting for a Business & Performance Project Manager for our large aerospace and defence company based in Stevenage for an initial 6 month deal.
Business & Performance (B&P) are responsible for the Project Management activities; defining, planning, directing and delivering contracts and projects within the relevant sector, against business plan targets through rigorous cost control, schedule adherence and the management of stakeholder interfaces, including Customers.
The Project Manager will be expected to manage a mix of classic project management of an existing programme and support the winning of new business, with the new business element taking priority when workload exists.
Within the New Business area the focus is on supporting the winning of new and follow-on business through:
- Assisting in the development of proposals for sales campaigns,
- Recognising good 'requirements' from bad and proposing alternatives where necessary
- Managing the compilation of the ocst base, presenting the results and winning approval of project Cost Brochures during the bidding phase within ASI.
- Supporting SBD with the bidding and approval of the Price , where necessary
- Managing applications to use company funding either in advance of contract launch if required or for R&D to support a product strategy
- Providing the Sector focal point for coordinating compliance with export licensing requirements, including compliance with US ITAR and EAR requirements
- Ensuring all New Business projects have adequate controls for resourced plans and schedules, work breakdown structures, work package descriptions and cost collection systems
- Working up generic cost base where possible with ASI Strategy
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent with greater than two years experience of working in a Project Management environment – ideally within the defence sector
- Experience in project management and bidding
- Relevant experience of project management tools and practices
- A problem solver with good verbal, written and presentational skills
- Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal skills