£35 - £39 per hour
02921 67 37 46
23 days ago
03 December 2049
Yolk Recruitment are recruiting for a Business Engineering Project Manager to join our client on an initial 12 month contract in Filton. The role will report to the Business Engineering Manager (BEM), part of the Business Operations Team within the CoC, but will be deployed into one of the Domain’s operational engineering teams. The core purpose of the role is to assure certain key aspects of business data, and to accurately execute a range of critical business functions which underpin the Domain’s ability to deliver on its commitments. The successful applicant will ensure efficient and timely flow of information between a range of stakeholders inside and outside the Domain. They will need to take ownership of building an operational understanding of the team’s current situation, and support business management decision making with the local leaders based on current information and sound judgment.
- Providing operational status updates for scheduled monthly reporting and ad hoc requests, occasionally presenting the team status in operational reviews, as necessary.
- Ensuring the team’s financial planning, i.e. annual budget requests, financial risk and opportunity identification, change topics, etc., are managed in a timely manner and with full transparency and traceability as part of the rolling Domain/Finance function’s schedule.
- Assuring the quality of detail planning to align with the Statement of Work - particularly in terms of establishing and recording assumptions, use of formal Domain planning inputs (appropriate hourly rates, effectivities, offload policy, etc), milestone scheduling and the clarity of and logic behind resource requirements.
- Assuring the team’s R&O identification and action planning is carried out robustly and regularly.
- Ensuring actions identified in Domain-level reviews are progressed and closed in line with defined deadlines.
- Ensuring offload provision is timely and aligned with the agreed offload plan, and support the launch of supplier tasking documents, all in line with Airbus policy & processes and Domain guidelines.
- Monitoring of a series of key performance indicators, including the Engineering Golden Rules handbook, assuring commitments are delivered and highlighting issues at the earliest opportunity for root cause identification and resolution.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- A Business Management or project management qualification to A-level standard as a minimum (or equivalent)
- Programme management experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience of operational management within a large/complex organisation
- A persuasive and effective team player who will hold others to account for delivery, and live up to the same expectations themselves
- Competent at delivering oral and written communications at team and middle management level
- Logical and analytical approach, able to visualize the end to end process
- Able to analyse and synthesize information from multiple sources
- Familiarity of both waterfall and Agile project management methodologies
- Have a good understanding of the Engineering and Airbus UK environment
- Ability to challenge the status quo and propose alternative approaches
- Contribute fully to continuous improvement and change management
- Autonomous and open minded with a proactive approach towards work and problem resolution