£26 - £29.07 per day
02921 67 37 46
19 days ago
24 October 2049
Yolk Recruitment are recruiting for a Competence and Resource Manager to join the team on a 12 month deal over in Filton, Gloucestershire.
The Commercial & Contracts Manager will support and work alongside the Senior Commercial Manager on a range of contracts both within the bidding phase as well as post contract award for a range of customers which may include the European Space Agency (ESA), UK Government, UK Ministry of Defence and various private corporations. In doing so the Contracts & Commercial Manager will be responsible for the management of all Commercial and Contractual aspects for the allocated opportunities, bids and contracts across this diverse programme line.
This role requires a candidate who is self-motivated and solution orientated with excellent communication skills both internally and externally across a range of stakeholders; expertise in preparing and executing winning proposals with sound experience of customer dialogue / negotiation in order to secure new sales and maximise profitability on existing contracts in a new and growing market.
Due to the diversity of the activities undertaken by the Commercial & Contracts team the successful candidate will need to be comfortable working on a range of opportunities ranging from small value study and framework contracts up to large prime proposal activities; in addition to potentially needing to provide support to other members of the bid / delivery teams based on their previous customer experience as well as establishing processes to ensure smooth proposal delivery and contract management.
Missions and Activities
- Management of all Commercial and Contractual aspects of allocated opportunities and contracts across a wide range of opportunities including ESA, UK GOV, UK MOD and prospective private corporations
- Work closely with key stakeholders to deliver profitable commercial solutions ensuring that commercial risks are highlighted and mitigated and required governance is followed
- Responsible for management of the commercial aspects of the acquire business / bidding process to establish the nature of new requirements, preparation of bid and governance paperwork, review and negotiation of terms and conditions of contracts and agreements
- Work with the Procurement organisation to advise on key contractual obligations and risks within the respective prime contracts and ensure flow down and mitigation accordingly
- Manage existing contracts in accordance with company procedures and contractual requirements, to ensure efficient and accurate performance of commercial activities, change management and prompt payment of invoices
- Develop rapport/relationship with customers to ensure smooth running of existing contracts
- Work flexibly providing support to the wider business as required to provide best in class commercial guidance and management
- Employ Commercial best practice, efficiency and responsiveness within an ethical environment
- Due to the nature of the role the successful candidate must be able to operate for extended periods under own initiative without direct supervision; with an understanding as to when it is appropriate to seek advice and escalation on commercial / contractual issues
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Education to degree level or equivalent in a relevant business related degree
- Demonstrated experience within the commercial field (Sales / Bidding / Procurement / Commercial)
- Experience of working with UK Ministry of Defence, Governmental, and Non-Governmental customers in a commercial environment
- Proven reputation as a self-starter, capable of delivering high quality workload with minimum supervision
- Proven negotiation and contract management skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to interact and influence across a range of stakeholders
- Native English language required
- This position may require UK Security Clearance