£600 - £640 per day
02921 67 37 46
27 days ago
16 October 2049
Yolk Recruitment are recrutiing for an IT Architect to work a 6 month deal with our client within the defence sphere, onsite in Farnborough.
Do you have experience of working in an Engineering & Manufacturing business and associated toolsets. You will use your knowledge and experience to set the vision and define the strategy to build and maintain Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions.
Reporting directly to the CTO you will design, develop and maintain the IT systems architecture for the facility to ensure that it meets the business requirements
You will be responsible for
- Translate business strategy and requirements into defined architectural solutions.
- Provide input into the strategic direction of technology investments
- Collaborate with other Subject Matter Experts to design integrated solutions.
- Recommend on appropriate technology options suited for the business capability to be delivered for a medium sized business.
- Design the PLM solution to integrate seamlessly with other tools, such as SAP.
- Ensure all designs and updates meet accreditation and security requirements.
- Plans, designs and integrates IT system components including hardware, software and services.
- Identify and assess suitable subcontractors for IT projects and overseeing their delivery.
- Working with Project Managers to ensure project delivery is on time, cost and quality.
- Degree level qualification in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Experience within an IT architecture role.
- Experience with process and assembly manufacturing.
- Experience of PLM applications preferred
- Understanding of manufacturing / Supply Chain processes
- TOGAF or equivalent qualification (Desirable)
- Network Technologies such as CISCO, Juniper, Vocality (Desirable)
- MS Server and Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) (Desirable)
- Project management experience (Desirable)
- Have an awareness of current and emerging technologies and how these could be used.